spoon

Did Somebody Say Breakfast?

0

Category : ,

As long as I can remember breakfast has always been my favourite meal of the day, because when I wake up I’m always so eager to eat, and I always feel good about pigging out in the morning because I figure you have the whole day to burn it off ;p. So in this post I’ll share a couple of my favourite breakfast recipes, that are super easy and super quick to prepare, because who wants to slave away in the kitchen first thing in the morning. The only problem with these two recipes is that whenever I make them I end up covered in flour first thing in the morning, but if you’re a neater cook you may not have this problem.
Sorry I don’t have any pictures on this entry as our kitchen is currently being renovated so breakfast at the moment is just cereal, but I hope you will enjoy these recipes and try them out on my behalf
So here they are
1.  Easiest scone recipe ever
- My friends always request these after a sleepover, and their super easy to make but tastes great.
Ingredients
1 cup lemonade
1 cup thick cream
3 cups self-raising flour
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp. milk optional


1.   Firstly preheat the oven to 220˚C and line a tray with baking paper.
2.   Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Add the cream and lemonade and mix to form a soft dough
3.   Place on the kitchen bench and knead lightly until combined. Press the dough with your hands or roll out using a rolling pin to about 2 cm thicknesses. Use a round cutter (about 6cm) to cut out scones.
4.   Place on a baking tray and if you like brush the tops with some milk.
5.   Serve warm with your favourite jam and whipped cream.
Makes 8 scones

I recommend Harris farm’s strawberry jam with the real strawberry pieces. And just use a hand mixer to whip some of the leftover thick cream. It just melts in your mouth

2.       When pancakes had babies: the good old piklet
-          These are great will a bit of honey on a Saturday morning before sport
     Ingredients
     1 cup self-raising flour
     1tbs caster sugar
     ¾ cups milk
     1 egg
     a couple drops of vanilla essence( optional)

1.    To make the batter whisk the milk and egg together then add the vanilla. Add the dry sifted ingredients(flour and sugar) and mix until combined without any lumps
2.   Heat up a medium nonstick frying pan and grease with oil or butter. Scoop tablespoons of the batter to make small rounds on the saucepan. I usually fit 3 on at once but size doesn’t really matter you can make them as big or small as you want. When the surface of the piklet is completely cover by small bubbles flip the piklet and cook the other side for around the same amount of time. Repeat for remaining batter.

Makes about 25 piklets


Okay so these two recipes also work for afternoon tea, but if you make them for breakfast you can enjoy the leftoevers in the afternoon:)


Happy cooking!
Foodling 2

Post a comment